Faculty are advised to check the upcoming changes effective January 2019 in coverage limits for amounts reimbursed for individual visits to the various paramedical practitioners covered by the Sun Life Extend Health Benefits.
While the overall yearly maximum coverage amount remains in effect at $500 per year, changes are occurring in the maximum per visit R & C (reasonable and customary) amounts reimbursed for paramedical services effective January 2019.
Check the new R & C Paramedical effective January 2019:
For some paramedical claims, there may be an impact on the amount reimbursed per visit if the provider charges more than Sun Life’s standard R & C limit. If these changes affect you, remaining balances may be submitted to your Health Spending Account (HSA). As the deadline of December 31 for allocating amounts in your Flexible Spending Account between the Health Spending Account or Personal Spending Account is fast approaching, now is the time to determine if more should be allocated to your Health Spending Account. Strict CRA rules mean any changes must be made by December 31.
Allocate your funds in PAWS:
- login to paws.usask.ca
- select My Employment
- select Flexible Spending Program
ConnectionPoint is closed December 22 through January 1 – ensure you have access to your allocation screen in PAWS well before this date in case there is trouble with your account.
Last year’s (2017) funds must be used before Dec. 31, 2018 or they expire
- Expenses incurred in 2018 cannot be reimbursed with 2019 funds
- Flexible Spending Program FAQs are in Knowledge Base
- Sun Life will not process claims (FSP, Health and Dental) received after March 31, 2019, for claims incurred in 2018
- Paramedical reasonable and customary (R&C) limits are changing January 1, 2019. Review limits and allocate funds to your health spending account if needed.
For more information, please contact email@example.com; 306-966-2000.